Guarantee and conditions
Galileo is a service company specializing in the sale of second-hand equipment for research laboratories in life sciences, chemistry and medicine. We have access to hundreds of international companies and universities, which gives us access to a wide selection of equipment, such as centrifuges, HPLC, incubators, thermocyclers, etc. You can find us in our store on Torrecilla 3, P.I. Rio de Janeiro; 28110 Algete (Madrid).
How to place an order
- Select the second-hand or new equipment you want to buy.
- Access the shopping cart where you can confirm the items for your order and proceed to buy.
- To be able to finalize the purchase it is necessary to be registered, so the system will ask you to register or to log in if you have previously registered.
- Once your order has been processed, we will send you an e-mail informing you of its status.
The Galileo store gives you the option to place the order or ask any questions about the products by writing to email email@example.com
You can also do it by phone (+34 919 291 586), by calling our customer service, Monday through Thursday from 8.30 am to 6 pm, Friday from 8.30 am to 3 pm..
Due to the nature of its business, Galileo does not offer equipment reservations. However, a customer can acquire a "right of purchase" on the items of interest under the following conditions: make a deposit of 15% of the price of the equipment, which confers a right of preferential acquisition during a period of 90 days F/F. In case of exercising the right to purchase during the period of validity, the amount deposited will be deducted from the final invoice. In case of abandoning the purchase, Galileo will refund 50% of the amount deposited.
Right of Storage: Once the amount of the invoice has been paid, our customers will be entitled to a free storage period of 15 days, during which period our products must be sent. After this time, the storage of shipments may lead to a charge of € 5 per box per month or € 10 per pallet per month.
VAT is not included in the price shown on our products (VAT applied 21%). Payment methodPayment methods
- - Bank transfer through a previous proforma invoice in which our account numbers are indicated.
- - Paypal: Our payment address for PayPal is: firstname.lastname@example.org@galileoequipos.com
Shipping is free for orders over €1,500 within the peninsular territory. This condition does not apply to special promotions or auctions.
Shipping is not included for orders from the Balearic Islands, the Canary Islands or internationally.
Transport for domestic orders in mainland and continental Europe will be made by road, for other destinations air/sea/road will be used. The equipment will be delivered properly packaged. Large equipment will be transported with damage insurance included.
Instrument reception. Galileo strongly recommends immediate inspection of the shipment upon receipt. If the package/s is damaged, presents some kind of blow, breakage or damage that is detected with the naked eye, please take exterior and interior photos of it within a maximum period of 24 hours and make it appear on the delivery note of the carrier. It is recommended to keep the original packaging of the instrument so that, where appropriate, the insurance can verify its suitability.
If the instrument cannot be checked at the time of delivery and there is also no apparent damage to the packaging, state on the delivery note of the carrier "review package pending ".
- • All our second-hand equipment is inspected and reviewed by our technical service and has a 1-year repair warranty. New equipment is guaranteed for 2 years according to RD 1/2007.
- • The warranty period will start to run from the invoice date.
- • The repair is free for the client. During the first six months, said gratuity will include the necessary expenses made to correct the lack of conformity of the goods with the contract, especially the shipping costs as well as the costs related to labor and materials. During the second six months, that guarantee will only cover the labor costs. In case of a problem that cannot be repaired or its cost exceeds the sale price, the purchase price will be refunded.
The warranty does not cover problems or damages caused by an error or misuse by the user. Nor is it applicable to equipment sold through auctions. Technical changes and/or manipulation of equipment not previously authorized by Galileo void the warranty.
In the case of repairs of equipment not sold by Galileo or out of warranty, the applicable warranty will be three months (does not cover other possible failures other than the connections).
Returns and cancellation
During a period of fifteen days after delivery, Galileo will authorize the return of any equipment that does not work as described without obligation. The customer will be responsible for the proper packaging of the equipment and including all its accessories, while Galileo will take care of insurance and collection costs.
Products must be returned in the same state in which you received them. Therefore, new products must be returned new, unused and complete. Second-hand products must not show any damage or additional signs of use.
The same exceptions to the right of withdrawal apply to our return policy. The following products cannot be returned except in case of defective products:
- • Products that may deteriorate or expire quickly (for example reagents or subject to expiration date);
- • Goods made according to customer specifications or clearly customized;
- A Galileo service if it had been provided and you had accepted its benefit when you requested the service
- • Digital content (including apps, software, etc.) that had not been delivered on a material support (that is, not contained in media such as CD or DVD) if you had consented to the execution at the time of delivery and without being possible withdrawal from that moment
The customer will be responsible for the proper packaging of the equipment and all its accessories included, while Galileo will be responsible for insurance and collection costs.
If a cancellation occurs once the packaging and / or transport of the equipment has begun, it will be subject to a cancellation fee of 10% and 100% on shipping and handling costs.
Please, do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.